Cinematography Commission of the Government of the People's Republic of Croatia
The Cinematography Commission of the PRC Government was established by the Directive adopted on 20 August 1947. Its formal authority encompassed administration of cinematography and motion picture distribution in Croatia, the preparation and development of cinematography and motion picture distribution, oversight of state motion picture production and distribution companies, training and specialization of qualified personnel (Narodne novine [Croatia’s official journal], no. 86, 1947). In the performance of such tasks, the Cinematography Commission regularly consulted the Cinematography Commission of the Government of the Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia (FPRY) and the Croatian Communist Party’s Agitprop Department and acted on their instructions. The Commission was active until January 1951, when its activities, except operational administration over film companies, were assumed by the Croatian Science and Culture Ministry. Operational management of film companies was transferred to these companies and to economic associations in film and cinematography companies, according to specific regulations (Narodne novine, no. 2, 1951).